10.10.2010

Cricut Imagine and Operation Write Home


When I first became aware of Operation Write Home, I was a handcrafted card maker. Nothing was automated, although I did use a Cuttlebug to help with dry embossing.  I thought long and hard about how I wanted to proceed with OWH and knew that I would never be able to make a great number of cards with how I was set up.  My cards were  no works of art, certainly not compared to what I had seen in magazines.  So my mind started to work on this issue of limited numbers and mostly handmade vs machine assisted and the ability to increase my card production by quite a bit.  As my past posts indicate, I decided to purchase a Cricut Imagine and I believe it is one of the best crafting investments I have ever made.  It has revolutionized my card making similar to how the Cuttlebug enhanced my use of dry embossing.  As long as I have white paper, I have access to libraries of printed and solid cardstock.  In the past 3 days, I have made over 100 A2 sized cards to send to our troops overseas.  This will be my first shipment, but I wanted that shipment to be over 100 cards and the Imagine helped me reach my goal.    I  LOVE  my Imagine. Here are a couple of examples.  Nothing fancy, but I hope you and the troops like them!

No comments: