1.02.2011

More Cards for Operation Write Home

I read on the Operation Write Home site that they really needed more Thank You, Miss You, and Thinking of You cards, so I put a few together rather quickly. I also was able to make two different layouts for Valentine's Day cards. Those needed to be post marked by January 7, but I got a hustle on and got them done in 2 days.  Most images and layouts  are taken directly from the Cricut Imagine cartridges Imagine More, Imagine More Cards, and Best Friends.  You'll find photos below.  Forgot to take a photo of the second V-day card.  It was of an owl standing on a mushroom and I stamped "Owl Always Love You".  It ended up pretty cute because I left most of the leafy pieces loose to give the card more dimension.  My first time using glue dots.  I thought a box of three hundred would last a while, but I made 24 V-day cards and used most of the dots.  Go figure.  It did save me time over cutting the 3M foam tape I usually use.  These cards photoed very flat but they are somewhat dimensional.  I'll use better lighting next time.

No comments: