1.20.2008

Stamping and Other Ways to Decorate Your Card

In my last post, I talked about See D's stamps at http://www.goinque.com/ . Well, they are having a one day sale. Here is what I got in my email:

"January 26 is Everything Inque Day - a day set aside for extra special savings on Inque Boutique products! Scrapbookers, card makers and papercrafters all over the world have been sent 15% off coupons to redeem on Inque Boutique merchandise for this one day only. Inque Boutique members will save even more!" Members save 20% on anything and everything made by Inque Boutique. Membership is free and easy. Go to their website, become a member and print out the special members only coupon to take to your local store that carries Inque Boutique products. They even have a handy store locator feature on the site so that you can find the store nearest you. I believe some online stores are honoring their coupons. You'll want to check to be sure.

Besides stamps and ink, I use the Cuttlebug embossing and die cutting machine, ribbons, charms, pastels, charcoals, colored pencils, watercolors, and embossing powders to adorn my cards. I also use polymer clay.

In all my years of crafting I have never considered polymer clay. I always just figured it was for making beads for necklaces the kids liked to wear. I don't know what happened to make me change my mind but I have discovered I can make some pretty neat looking pieces for my cards with clay. After doing some reading on the internet, I bought a couple of packs of white and one of black. The white was so that I could make molds of things around the house and the black was for making things for cards. I'm really happy I gave it a try. Yet another skill set to learn and ways to experiment with creating "stuff". I do love learning new things!

1 comment:

wendy said...

I have just started using polymer clay also. I never thought to incorporate it into my card making?! My first project was a bear, I just have to have more time to try a few more things.
I enjoyed your blog!